Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Reflections on a Nightstand

Ok, I don't actually know what any of this means, but I was cleaning like a mad woman on Saturday because everyone was coming to my house for Easter (lovely time had by all...good ham). Anywaaay, I dusted (twice a year whether it needs it or not!) and cleared off all of our nightstands. I found it interesting. I'm sure there is some anthropological analysis somebody could do about what the items on our nightstand say about us as individuals. Zzzzzzz. You be the judge:

On my night stand:
A half empty bottle of Suave hand lotion; Vaseline; A Sports bottle of water; a dusty Clock radio (tuned to the hits from the 80's, 90's AND today!); Kleenex.

On my husband's night stand:
A beer stein full o’ change;Handcuffs; his Police badge; his pager; a 300-count bottle of Vitamin B

On my five year old son's night stand:
A Spongebob lamp; Plastic Halloween skull (its roughly the size of his own head and he puts his glasses on it at night...festive!); a book about Ogres; three strands of Mardi Gras beads encircling two “squishy” plastic frogs; a cup of water

On my three year old daughter's night stand:
A Hello Kitty clock radio (she tunes it herself...it's static); a Jewelry box with two of the handles missing (she likes to take crap apart); Plastic purple flowers in a vase; Various twisted hair baubles; one of her brother's plastic "squishy" frogs with the legs chewed off.

Hmmmmm.

Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home