Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, September 03, 2006

My Four Year Old is Nuts

I think my daughter is turning into a bag lady.

All right, some background...

There's a woman in the town where I live. I'm fairly sure most towns have a character like her. I don't know if she's homeless, I don't know if she's eccentric or just plain loco. No one does. I (and most people) call her the Bike Lady. She rides around, all over town, on her bike. She appears to collect things. Water bottles, walkie talkies, flowers, paper bags, just everything.

Well...

In the last few days, my daughter has glommed on to two lunch boxes and a unicorn purse. She's been carrying them around non-stop. No one has bothered to ask her what's in them, but if you try to take any one of them away from her, she screams bloody murder and throws herself down on the floor. We no longer try to take them.

Well...

Last night, she put them on the bathroom floor as she stepped into her bath. I asked her if I could move them into the hall because I didn't want the metal lunch boxes to get wet. She acquiesced. When I picked one of them up, it fell open.

Well...

Out spilled coins, Littlest Pet Shop animals, ponies (lots of 'em, that I would have guessed), a tiara, a pair of socks, a headband, one of her brother's squishy frogs, various hair ties, a stuffed kitten that was really way to big for the box and would have been gasping for air and angry--y'know, if it was real--a sketcher's tag from one of her new school shirts and one glittery shoe (a size 7 1/2, she's a 9, but it was one of her favorites).

Hmmmmm.

Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home