Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day

Well, I think we're ready. School starts tomorrow. My six year old will be gone ALL DAY now. I'm a wreck. I was feeling slightly agitated when he went to bed last night. It was the last night of the summer. I'd waited until the last minute to go grocery shopping for "lunch food." Then, when I finally made it to the store, I fell apart. I got a little weepy in the snack aisle and overcompensated by getting enough snacks to last us until about Valentine's Day. (then I ate a bunch of them when we got home...but that's another topic altogether).

His bookbag is packed. I found a spare shoe lace for his bus tag. I wrapped the bus tag in packing tape to keep it from turning gummy when he inevitably chews on it (Lesson #1 learned from last year). We sat down and had a dry run with the Superman lunch bag to see if he could open everything (he's still kind of one-armed with the cast and all). Lesson #2, stay away from the rubbermaid containers and go with ziploc bags. Also stay away from Capri Suns, those things exist to torture me.

Soooooo, I think we're good to go. Stay tuned, the adventure continues...

Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home