Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, September 24, 2006

4

From the beginning, you did things your way. I'd gone through so much trouble to have your brother, I always thought I'd have to do the same thing to have you. But...there you were. Easy peasy, in a bundle of pink blankets and thick, silky hair.

Except, you were supposed to be the quiet one. The easy going one in a family full of hot-blooded loud mouths. Instead, from day one you've been bold and fearless. You know what you want and have no problem making sure the rest of us know it too...constantly. I love that about you though it will probably drive me crazy for the rest of my life.

You're a fierce whirl of curly blonde hair, blue eyes and scabby knees (leave those alone, for the love of Pete!). You love ponies and "yoo-nee-corns." Your brother is your Daddy's pride but you're his heart and that's probably going to be trouble in about ten years. Part of me dreads it, but most of me can't wait. Sweet as he is, your brother has made you tough and that makes me grateful. I know for certain, that whatever life throws at you, you'll throw it right back.

Happy birthday baby banana (yes, I know I'm 8 days late). Mommy loves you big too.

Mom

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin Gorrell said...

Turning 4 wasn't sad. I am--however--having worse school reentry than before. Too many moving parts. I'm at school, one's getting picked up by one person, the other's coming off the bus and my husband needs to be home on time. Every single morning I ask him "You'll be home in time for the bus, right?" He no longer answers so much as grunts, but I've decided tough.

Robin

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home